Thank you for your interest in St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School. Aquinas is a Diocesan, PK4-8th grade, regional Catholic school serving the parishes of Our Lady of Angels, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, and Sacred Heart. Aquinas also serves students from other Catholic parishes as well as non-Catholic students. Founded and staffed in 1977 by the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia and a lay faculty and staff, Aquinas has provided a Christ-centered environment forming students spiritually, academically, and socially.
Applications for the 2017-2018 school year will be accepted beginning November 16, 2016. If you wish to be considered in our first round of acceptances your application needs to be submitted by February 10, 2017. We continue to take applications after February through the beginning of the next school year as part of a rolling admissions process. Applications that are received for grade levels that are full will be placed in our waiting pool. PreK, Kindergarten, and students in grades 6-8 must attend a screening/interview which will be held on February 17, 2017 by appointment. Middle School students who are out of state may conduct their interview over the phone. PK and Kindergarten students who are out of state may be conditionally accepted pending completion of the screening.
Pre-Kindergarten classes at Aquinas are 5 days a week with two sessions available – morning or afternoon. Students may only enroll in one session of Pre-K. There is no before or after care available for PK students. Students must be four years old by September 30. Our session times are:
- Morning Session
- Monday-Thursday, 8:00-11:00 a.m.
- Friday, 8:00-10:45 a.m.
- Afternoon Session
- Monday-Thursday, 11:50-2:50 p.m.
- Friday, 11:15-2:00 p.m.
Kindergarten at Aquinas is an all day program from 8:00-3:00 p.m. Kindergarten students must be five years old by September 30 in order to qualify. No exceptions.
Tours are scheduled by appointment by emailing the Admissions Office at email@example.com. Our Open Houses will be on: November 16, 2016 at 6:00 p.m., November 17, 2016 at 9:30 a.m., February 2, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., April 27, 2017 at 9:30 a.m.
- Space available in each class after current Aquinas families have registered
- Current Aquinas families with siblings
- Families of registered parishioners of Our Lady of Angels, Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, and Sacred Heart Churches.
- Catholic families who attend another Parish
- Catholic families whose Parish does not have a school
- Non-Catholic families
- Academic records and successful completion of the screening/interview process
In addition to the application form, the following documents are required.
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate (Catholics only) Reconciliation and Eucharist Certificates (if applicable).
- Copy of Custody decree (if applicable).
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Current report card including comments and the two previous academic years’ report cards, if available.
- Current standardized test scores plus the two previous years. Not Required for PK or Kindergarten.
- Confirmation of Parish Registration must be completed and submitted by you to your Parish (for Catholic families). If non-Catholic, submit with application.
- Middle School Student Questionnaire (Grades 6-8)
- Parent Questionnaire (all grades)
- Student Recommendation Form (If student did not attend school, please note on form and return with application)
- Virginia School Entrance Health Form dated within six months of the application date.
- Request for Student Records must be signed and submitted by parent/guardian to student’s current school. (Grades 1-8). Do not submit this form with your application.
- Non-refundable $150.00 application fee per family for new students. Siblings of current families are $75.00.