Applications for the 2018-2019 school year will be accepted beginning November 16, 2017. The application deadline for our first round of acceptances is February 16, 2018. Applications received after February 16 will be accepted depending on available openings. You can download the application forms or you can complete the online application.
Thank you for your interest in St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School. Aquinas is a Diocesan, PK4-8th grade, regional Catholic school serving the parishes of Our Lady of Angels, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, and Sacred Heart. Aquinas also serves students from other Catholic parishes as well as non-Catholic students. Founded and staffed in 1977 by the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia and a lay faculty and staff, Aquinas has provided a Christ-centered environment forming students spiritually, academically, and socially.
Applications for the 2018-2019 school year will be accepted beginning November 16, 2017. If you wish to be considered in our first round of acceptances your application needs to be submitted by February 16, 2018. Most of our openings are filled with the first round of acceptances.
PK/Kindergarten Screening Requirement. As part of the application process, PK and Kindergarten students are screened. The screening will take place on March 2, 2018, by appointment. PK and Kindergarten students who are out of state may be conditionally accepted pending completion of the screening.
Middle School Interviews. Middle School students (grades 6-8) will be interviewed on March 2, 2018, by appointment. Middle School students who are out of state may conduct their interview over the phone.
Families who apply after the first round deadline will be considered as part of a rolling admissions process and will be accepted as openings become available.
Applications that are received for grade levels that are full will be placed in our waiting pool.
Pre-Kindergarten classes are half-day and full day. Full day class are 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Half day classes are 5 days a week with two sessions available – morning or afternoon. Students may only enroll in one session of Pre-K. Extended care is only available for full-day students. Students must be four years old by September 30. Our half day session times are:
- Morning Session
- Monday-Thursday, 8:00-11:00 a.m.
- Friday, 8:00-10:45 a.m.
- Afternoon Session
- Monday-Thursday, 11:50-2:50 p.m.
- Friday, 11:15-2:00 p.m.
PreK students must be four by September 30. Kindergarten students must be five years old by September 30. No exceptions.
Our Open Houses, which includes a tour of the school campus, will be held on November 16, 2017, at 9:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. and February 1, 2018, at 9:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
Families who are unable to attend the Open House but would like to see the school may schedule a tour by emailing the Admissions Office at email@example.com.
- Space available in each class after current Aquinas families have registered
- Current Aquinas families with siblings
- Families of registered parishioners of Our Lady of Angels, Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, and Sacred Heart Churches.
- Catholic families who attend another Parish
- Catholic families whose Parish does not have a school
- Non-Catholic families
- Academic records and successful completion of the screening/interview process
In addition to the application form, the following documents are required.
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate (Catholics only) Reconciliation and Eucharist Certificates (if applicable).
- Copy of Custody decree (if applicable).
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Current report card including comments and the two previous academic years’ report cards, if available.
- Current standardized test scores plus the two previous years. Not Required for PK or Kindergarten.
- Confirmation of Parish Registration must be completed and submitted by you to your Parish (for Catholic families). If non-Catholic, submit with application.
- Middle School Student Questionnaire (Grades 6-8)
- Parent Questionnaire (all grades)
- Student Recommendation Form (If student did not attend school, please note on form and return with application)
- Virginia School Entrance Health Form dated within six months of the application date.
- Request for Student Records must be signed and submitted by parent/guardian to student’s current school. (Grades 1-8). Do not submit this form with your application.
- Non-refundable $150.00 application fee per family for new students. Siblings of current families are $75.00.