Welcome to St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School!
I’m originally from Puerto Rico, but moved to Washington, DC in 1999 to work at the US Patent Office. I love visiting family back home with my husband and our children.
After working as Patent Examiner at the Patent Office and as Technical Editor for SAIC, I switched careers to become a science teacher. I taught 4 years at Prince William County Schools and joined Aquinas as a Spanish teacher in 2015.
In 2017, I had the wonderful opportunity to join the ENL Hernandez Fellows at the Notre Dame Alliance for Catholic Education, a program specifically tailored for catholic teachers of linguistically diverse students.
- BS, Theoretical Physics, University of Puerto Rico in Mayaguez
- M Ed, Curriculum & Instruction – Secondary Education, George Mason University, Virginia
- 2017 ENL Hernandez Fellow, University of Notre Dame, Indiana
- Content Teaching Academy , James Madison University, June 2012 & June 2014
- Physics of Atomic Nuclei (PAN) Program, Michigan State University, August 2013
- Hands-on Particle Astrophysics, PennState Science Workshops for Educators, August 2012
- Teaching IB DP Physics, Triple-A Learning, May 2012
- Digital Story Telling, PWCS Professional Development, August 2011
¡Bienvenidos a Aquinas! I have the privilege of serving as your ELL Teacher.
My role is to collaborate with teachers and parents of students with home languages other than English, and to help English Language Learners make connections between what they already know and our content learning objectives.
The best way to reach me is via email at:
LDeJesus@aquinastars.org (English / Español)