Welcome to St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School!
I’m originally from Puerto Rico, but moved to Washington, DC in 1999 to work at the US Patent Office. I love visiting family back home with my husband and our children.
After working as Patent Examiner at the Patent Office and as Technical Editor for SAIC, I switched careers to become a science teacher. I taught 4 years at Prince William County Schools and joined Aquinas as a Spanish teacher in 2015.
In 2017, I had the wonderful opportunity to join the ENL Hernandez Fellows at the Notre Dame Alliance for Catholic Education, a program specifically tailored for catholic teachers of linguistically diverse students.
- BS, Theoretical Physics, University of Puerto Rico in Mayaguez
- M Ed, Curriculum & Instruction – Secondary Education, George Mason University, Virginia
- 2017 ENL Hernandez Fellow, University of Notre Dame, Indiana
- Content Teaching Academy , James Madison University, June 2012 & June 2014
- Physics of Atomic Nuclei (PAN) Program, Michigan State University, August 2013
- Hands-on Particle Astrophysics, PennState Science Workshops for Educators, August 2012
- Teaching IB DP Physics, Triple-A Learning, May 2012
- Digital Story Telling, PWCS Professional Development, August 2011
We made it!
It has been a privilege to serve as your ELL Teacher this year.
Here are some great (free) websites with educational games: