I’m originally from Puerto Rico, but moved to Washington, DC in 1999 to work at the US Patent Office. I love visiting family back home with my husband and our children.
After working as Patent Examiner at the Patent Office and as Technical Editor for SAIC, I switched careers to become a science teacher. I taught 4 years at Prince William County Schools and joined Aquinas as a Spanish teacher in 2015.
In 2017, I had the wonderful opportunity to join the ENL Hernandez Fellows at the Notre Dame Alliance for Catholic Education, a program specifically tailored for catholic teachers of linguistically diverse students.
- BS, Theoretical Physics, University of Puerto Rico in Mayaguez
- M Ed, Curriculum & Instruction – Secondary Education, George Mason University, Virginia
- 2017 ENL Hernandez Fellow, University of Notre Dame, Indiana
- Content Teaching Academy , James Madison University, June 2012 & June 2014
- TESOL’s Train the Trainer, June 2020
- TESOL’s Separating Difference from Disability with Students Learning English as an Additional Language, July 2020
Ant and Grasshopper by Myka-Lynne Sokoloff
Check back for new stories!
The Blue Day Book for Kids by Bradley Trevor Greive
What Makes You Happy?, a Care Bears Story by J.E. Bright
The Mixed-Up Museum, a Scooby Doo Mystery by Gail Herman
Caperucita Verde por Bruno Munari
Give Me Back My Book! by Travis Foster and Ethan Long