Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Coordinator
M.A., Curriculum and Instruction, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
B.S., Mathematics with a Minor in Computer Science; Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
Postgraduate Professional License, Commonwealth of Virginia, Middle Education Grades 6-12, Mathematics and Computer Science
10 years of experience teaching
“I truly feel blessed to be able to teach at Aquinas, the school I attended as a child. Although the school has changed through the years, it is still a wonderful place where children begin their education, develop long lasting friendships, and strengthen their relationship with God.”
Please visit our STEM page to learn more about this program.
Algebra 7 & 8
STEM Math 5
I would like to share some specific plans for e-learning, which will begin Wednesday, March 18. Some aspects of our e-learning will be the same for all Aquinas teachers and other aspects will be specific to our class.
Beginning March 18, all teachers at Aquinas
- Will be online for office hours from 10-11am & 2-3pm, M-F
- Will post assignments by 9:00am each day
- Grades PK-5 teachers will send assignments by email and post/archive them on their teacher website
- Grades 6-8 teachers will post assignments on the This Week’s Planner (combined view of assignments from multiple teachers) and each teacher will post/archive assignments on his/her teacher website. Homeroom teachers will send parents a daily email by 9:00am, reminding them to check the calendar and noting some items recently posted by the teachers.
- Online learning tools used by individual teachers will be linked on their teacher websites.
- Specials teachers will send activities through homeroom teachers in PK-5 and post to This Week’s Planner for Grades 6-8.
Some specific plans for our class will include
1) In google classroom, the students will find a daily video for the lesson of the day.
2) In google classroom, the students will find a daily math assignment.
3) In google classroom, the students will be required to complete a google form with the correct answers to certain math problems as a way to “turn in” their homework. The students will have from midnight until 1:00 p.m. to turn in their homework. This is homework from the previous day, not the current day’s homework. For example, if lesson 27 homework was given today, 3/17, then on 3/18, lesson 27’s homework would be due. Homework not turned in by 1:00 will receive a “zero” because I will be posting the correct answers at 1:00.
4) In google classroom, the students will also find the correct answers to the previous night’s homework. These will be posted at 1:00 which is why I won’t be able to take homework after 1:00.
4) Please check google classroom daily. There might be a few days when the students have no work. This will be stated in google classroom and on the weekly planner (for grades 6-8).
5) While office hours are from 10-11 and 2-3, students may schedule an appointment outside of the given hours from 11 – 2. Each week I will put a file in each class’s google classroom so students can all access the file and sign up for times.
6) When students are getting help either during office hours or one-on-one time, we will be using Zoom. The first time the students attempt to access Zoom, they will be prompted to download Zoom software. The students will so need to use the computer’s camera and microphone in order for us to talk. During office hours, I will also be checking the google classrooms and answering any typed questions. In order to use Zoom, I will set up a meeting time and I will be given a URL. I will post this URL on all class’s google classroom so students can join the “meeting”. If everything goes well, we will be able to see each other and communicate.
I am sure during the first few days of e-learning there will be some hiccups but I am sure we will get through them and things will be running smoothly come week two.
Thank you for your patience as we work through these unusual times.
Please let me know if you any questions or concerns,