- M.A., Educational Leadership, Northwestern State University, Natchitoches, LA
- M.A., Catholic Studies, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN
- B.A., Elementary Education, College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA
- 19 years teaching experience teaching and 4 years in administration
- Advanced Catechist Certification, Diocese of Arlington
This is the year of FAITH for our Virtues in Practice program, and HONESTY is the virtue on which we will focus for the month of February. Honesty is being trustworthy and true.
Our Lord, who is the Truth (see John 14:6) spoke the truth when He told us,”You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32). The more we live in the truth and the more we think and act according to the truth, the more free and the more happy we will be. It is simply how God made us. Take some time with the Lord in prayer this month to consider: Is there anything that holds me back from living in the truth? Why is that? Do I actively study the truths of our faith? If not, why not? When I die, how ready will I be for the vision of Eternal Truth? What can I do to make myself more ready?
I commend to your reading this month the section of the Catechism of the Catholic Church on the eighth Commandment. Here is a link to it: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a8.htm
Saints Francisco and Jacinta Marto spoke the truth and lived in the truth, even at the threat of their young lives. May they pray for us that we may be so in love with the Truth!