The Diocesan Tuition Grant Program is intended to provide assistance to families seeking a Catholic education in the schools of the Arlington Diocese. It is open to all qualified students whose parents might not otherwise be able to pay the full cost of tuition. The program receives approximately $3.3 million annually, funded by the parishes in the Diocese and the Rooted in Faith~Forward in Hope capital campaign. For a general overview of the Diocesan Grant and Aid program, administered through FACTS Grant and Aid, please click here.
All families requesting assistance must submit a financial aid application along with the processing fee and all supporting documentation to FACTS Grant and Aid. FACTS will be conducting the financial need analysis for St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School for the upcoming school year.
All families with children enrolled in both high school and elementary/middle school will need to submit an application by the high school deadline of January 22, 2018. Families with students in elementary/middle school will need to submit their applications by March 16, 2018. Applicants may apply online using FACTS Grant and Aid. The following information is required in order to process your application:
- Completed online application. Faxed or copied applications will not be accepted. Only one application per household should be submitted. The online application may available in Spanish.
- Payment of the nonrefundable application fee.
- Copies of your 2017 IRS Federal Form 1040 or 1040A, or 1040-EZ U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, including supporting tax schedules (Schedule C, E, F). If applicant and co-applicant file separately, the application requires both tax returns for the same tax year. State tax returns are not accepted.
- Copies of your 2017 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both you and your spouse.
- Copies of supporting documentation for household Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
Please note that completing a financial aid application does not constitute applying to the school. A separate admissions application must be completed and submitted to the school. If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-441-4637 or the St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School Business Manager, Mrs. Fitzgerald, at 703.491.4447 ext. 215.