Morning Drop Off Procedures
Morning Drop off does not begin until Carpool Staff are in place and indicate that drop off procedures should begin. Please respect the directions given by the Carpool Staff.
- Enter school grounds from Mary’s Way and immediately follow the sharp right turn.
- Drive to the far end of the parking lot following route closest to St. Vincent de Paul building.
- At the end of the parking lot, bear left until your car is parallel to the sidewalk adjacent to the church.
- Vehicles will be given a signal to begin a second row.
- Please wait for direction before turning right onto the street between the church and the chapel.
- Cars should not stop in the lane between the church and the chapel and no student should disembark from vehicles in this area (area indicated by orange lines in the picture to the left)
- Follow the street and bear left at the front of the school staying as close to the curb as possible.
- Continue around the circle (always driving close to the curb) stopping at the end where the carpool duty person is standing – beginning of faculty parking.
- When the car in front of you stops to allow students to disembark, you should do the same. Students may only exit and walk in areas adjacent to the student walking path indicated in blue in the picture to the left.
Exit the parking lot to Mary’s Way always following the car in front of you. If passengers from the car in front of you are not finished disembarking, but yours are, please wait. Do not pass any cars to exit.
Afternoon Pick Up Procedures
Parents park their cars in the west or east side of the parking lot in a continuous line approximately 5 cars deep. Cars parked in the west side will exit via Mary’s Way, and those parked in the east side exit via Easy Street. The faculty/staff supervise all dismissals. Pre-K students are dismissed at the Pre-K entrance door directly to their parents. Kindergarten students are dismissed at 2:50PM and escorted to the sidewalk in front of the church by their teachers where they will be met by their parents/guardians or carpool driver. All other children are dismissed immediately after prayers. Parents are asked to meet their child at the front of the row in which they are parked. We encourage everyone to be conscientious of the safety of all who are in the parking lot at dismissal time.
The lead faculty/staff member scheduled for dismissal duty will sound the first alarm, and give the voice command for everyone to return to their vehicles. Three minutes later, the alarm is sounded again, with the announcement that anyone who has not found their vehicle to immediately move to the sidewalk. When the lead faculty/staff member is certain that all the children are in their vehicles, or on the sidewalk, the dismissal procedure begins.
Cars are parked one behind the other in consecutive rows. They are dismissed row by row from the farthest end east and west of the center. The east end dismisses to Easy Street while the west end dismisses to Mary’s Way.
Students who do not have rides are escorted back to the sidewalk area in front of the school building by faculty/staff members. After the normal dismissal of vehicles, late arrival drivers are directed to drive from the parking lot to the circle at the entrance of the school building to collect their children.