Welcome to the Nurse’s Page
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the nurse in the school clinic from 7:30am-3:30pm each day.
Immunization and Physical Requirements
- Hepatitis A Vaccine (HAV)– a complete series of 2 doses of Hepatitis A vaccine is required for all incoming Kindergarten students. Rising 1st graders and newly enrolled (elementary-1st grade and above) will be considered “grandfathered) and will not be required to have the Hep. A vaccine for school enrollment (however, it is recommended).
- Also Effective July 1, 2021: Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine (MenACWY, MCV4, or MenB). The first dose shall be administered prior to 7th grade. Students in grades 8 or above (school year 2021) will not need to go back and receive the 7th grade MenACWY dose. They will receive it with the 12th grade dose.
Please make sure your children receive these vaccinations prior to the Aug.23,2021 .
- All Aquinas students planning to participate in an Aquinas sport are required to have a complete Aquinas Sports Physical which can be found on the Aquinas Website. The physical needs to be dated on or after June 1, 2019.
- A new physical is required whenever a student is transferring to our school from a state other than Virginia. The physical is required to be on the Commonwealth of Virginia School Entrance Health Form.(MCH213G).
- Pre Kindergarten and new and returning Kindergarten students are required to have a physical completed and on file prior to the start of the new school year. As stated above, this physical must be on the Commonwealth of Virginia School Entrance Health Form. (MCH213G) Please make sure all questions are answered and you have signed the form.
- All immunizations must be up to date before school starts. Please check with your doctor to be sure they have all required immunizations.
Physicals will be accepted dated up to one year prior to your child’s entry into school.