Extended Day (Before and After School Care)
During Extended Day hours please contact us on our Direct line: 703-491-9411
Extended Day is available to current registered students of St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School in the Full-day Pre-Kindergarten program or Kindergarten through 8th grade students, Monday-Friday, from 6:00-8:00 a.m. and from dismissal-6:00 p.m. on days when school is in session. Extended day is not available for 1/2 day Pre-Kindergarten students.
There is a non-refundable $20 registration fee per family that must be returned with the Extended Day registration form. Priority registration is given to full-time users (Monday through Friday-5 days per week).(Registration for early release days is not mandatory to be considered a full-time user.)
Early release is when school dismisses at 12 or 2 p.m. on specific days. If you do not register for early release days, you must pick up your child at the time the school dismisses.
Drop-in use is unavailable.
Extended Day Fees are billed separately from tuition. You will be billed for all sessions registered. Credit is not given for unused days due to absence, illness, participation in sports, girl/boy scouts, leadership, clubs, choir, or other school activities.
A homework study hall period is offered Monday through Thursday.
The program provides a snack and drink every day.
- Students may bring a change of clothes from home for after school.
- If your child is a particular eater or is often hungry -you may send additional snacks from home.
- On a Holiday weekend please allow an extra 45 minutes 60 minutes in travel time due to traffic congestion in the northern Virginia area.
- If your child is struggling with an issue either in school or home -tell us so that we can take that into consideration under certain circumstances.
- Please label or mark all of your child’s belongings and uniform items. This will assist us in making sure forgotten items are returned to their owners.
2018-2019 SESSION TIMES
Session A1 – 6:00-8:00 a.m.
Session A2 – 7:00-8:00 a.m.
Early Release Sessions
Session ER1 – 12:00-3:00 p.m.
Session ER2 – 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Session B1 – 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Session B2 – 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Session B3 – 3:00-6:00 p.m.