Mrs. Julie McNulty- Director
703.491.4447 ext. 250
During Extended Day hours please contact us on our direct line: 703-491-9411
The Extended Day program provides a safe environment for students and is an extension of the school day. Only Aquinas School students are eligible for enrollment in the program. The Program is regulated by the Department of Education, Division of Licensing as a religious exempt program.
Parents have found that the Extended Day program is convenient because it offers on-site supervision with no transportation necessary and is consistent with the values and mission of the school.
Registered full time users have priority on available spaces. Part time users are enrolled if space is available. Fees are billed on a monthly basis at the beginning of each month. Families are billed for the day and sessions registered, not for the days actually used, i.e. credit is not given for student absences except in special circumstances.
The morning sessions begin at 6 & 6:30 AM and end when the students are dismissed to go to class. The afternoon program begins at dismissal (3 PM) and ends at 6 PM. Late fees are assessed after 6 PM.
The daily routine includes snack, optional study hall, outdoor play time (weather permitting) as well as indoor games and crafts. The students are grouped into rooms according to age and grade. Each room has a lead “teacher” and a second adult when available. Students are also given the opportunity to attend home sporting events.
- We do not offer Drop-in care.
- We provide an afternoon snack option daily.
- We offer a voluntary study hall period after roll is taken and snack is eaten Monday through Thursday.
- Early Release Sessions are separate from the regularly scheduled sessions and parents have the option to register for them in addition to a regular afternoon session or they may register for ONLY Early Release Sessions which run until 3 PM.
- The program is an extension of the school day, thus the same disciplinary, dress code (somewhat relaxed), and electronics guidelines/regulations are applied.
2023-24 School Year
Session A1 : 6:00 – 7:30 AM
Session A2 : 6:30 – 7:30 AM
Early Release Sessions
Session ER1 : 12 – 3 PM
Session ER2: 1:30-3 PM
Session B1 : 3 – 4 PM
Session B2 : 3 – 5 PM
Session B3 : 3 – 6 PM
Extended Day Invoices are calculated and emailed monthly according to the sessions the student is registered to use. All fees are processed through your family FACTS account unless other payment arrangements are made with the Business Office.
If a one time adjustment needs to be made to a student’s registered schedule, notification must be made in writing (either via email or in writing) before the 3rd day of the month. Please submit all changes to firstname.lastname@example.org