Welcome to the Aquinas Library Homepage!
Our mission is to create a student-centered environment that fosters a love of reading and ensures our students are effective and ethical users and creators of information.
Books by Reading Level: Click here to help you find books on your reading level
The St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School library collection has been carefully selected and organized to provide access to resources that meet the information and literacy needs of students, teachers, and staff. Materials support the curriculum, appeal to diverse interests, vary in level of difficulty, and present opposing points of view.
The library contains the following resources:
- A varied collection of fiction and nonfiction books for students in pre-kindergarten through 8th grade
- Reference materials including dictionaries, thesauri, encyclopedias, almanacs, and atlases
- Videos/DVDs for instruction
- Electronic Resources
- Renaissance Place: includes Accelerated Reader, Star Reader, and STAR Math
- Computers to access online catalog (OPAC), take AR quizzes, and conduct research
- Magazines for students
- National Geographic Kids
- Ranger Rick
- Kids Discover
- Sports Illustrated Kids
- Professional journals and publications for faculty and staff
- The circulation period for students in grades pre-kindergarten – 5th grade is one week and two weeks for middle school students. Books may be renewed provided the student has the book with them and there are no pending holds on the book. When students check out books for class projects/research, the circulation time will be extended for the duration of the assignment.
- Students may borrow books from the library if they do not have any overdue. Students have a one-day grace period to return books without accruing a fine. When fines exceed $1.00, library privileges are suspended until students clear their library accounts.
- Students in pre-kindergarten and kindergarten check out one book/week, 1st and 2nd grade may check out two books provided one book is on their reading level; students in grades 3rd – 8th are permitted to check out more than two books provided at least one is on their reading level.
- When class projects are assigned, students may check out additional books for the duration of the project.